At Harris Paints, we actively pursue environmental leadership in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We strive to protect the Caribbean environment because this is not just where we do business – it’s our home!
Innovation lies at the heart of our efforts to be an environmentally progressive company and we work hard to develop products that are gentle on the Earth.
For example, we minimize the VOCs in our paints to reduce their impact on people and the environment. VOCs, or volatile organic compounds, are chemicals emitted as gases from paint as it dries and evaporates into the atmosphere.
Our commitment to eco innovation has made Harris Paints an industry leader:
- First Caribbean manufacturer to introduce revolutionary Ulttima Plus paint solutions, combining not one but five problem-solving technologies in one can that give you brighter, more fade resistant colours in fewer coats, are self-priming with lower odour and greater fungus resistance.
- First Caribbean manufacturer to introduce Zero VOC Ulttima Plus Colourants
- First Caribbean manufacturer to produce water-based enamels, varnishes, and roof and floor coatings
Green Certification & Awards
Our efforts to be eco innovators are driven by our desire to protect the environment, rather than a need for recognition.
Nonetheless, we are proud to be the recipients of green certification and awards, including the following:
- Green Wise® certification for our Ulttima Plus brand, awarded by the Coatings Research Group Inc. Ohio, USA
- Tier 5 certification in the Green Business Barbados (GBB) Programme, awarded by the Future Centre Trust, Barbados